Friday, November 12, 2021

Biography 87: Basin


 I never use the bathroom or bathtub to wash my foot for Adhu (Oju) or cleaning. I always put my feet on the basin. That seems easy for me.  In Bangladesh when we were living in a rented apartment we had a small basin in our dining area. I think maybe my mom warned me that the way I am using, it may break, but I didn't listen. My mom was right. One day when I was putting my leg back to the floor somehow the basin/sink moved and dropped on the floor. It was made of ceramic. It broke into parts. My parents got afraid. He thought he have to buy a new one. But they didn't know any plumber to fit it. So, they had called our landlord.

Our law uncle came and visit our house in the afternoon. My dad pointed me, to tell him who is the culprit. But uncle was very calm. He said, no worry, he will fix it. As far as I know, he didn't take money for it. I like this uncle.

No comments: