Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Biography 86: Sports


 I was never a good athlete. But I liked to play. I use to run a lot, but my speed wasn't good enough to win any competition. In our primary (Elementary) school, they always arrange annual sports competitions. I had tried the marble-spoon game in the competition. In this game kids needed to carry a marble on a spoon and the spoon can be held only by mouth. But I never practiced at home so didn't know, how fast actually I can go with it. In the beginning, I was out because of running too slow. I couldn't have any courage to try to win any physical game after that.

In grade 5 I was in a new school. I wanted to try skipping rope. But I didn't have enough height to join. Next year I tried to join that event again, this time I couldn't get selected because my height was too much. I never try to join in any competition in the annual sports again in school or anywhere.

In our local area, people always play badminton in the winter. Our parents also bought us a racket set. I have learned how to play. Still doesn't know the game rule 100%. But I played and I'm sure I was not good enough to play with the experts. In our area every winter they arranged a competition on Badminton. I never went to see that event. But from home I could hear them because of the loud mic.

At work one day we went to Brac Center for a picnic. I had to try to play cricket. Because they were one man short and accidentally I had made the highest score in batting.

Now I became too heavy to think about any physical game. Watching cricket on TV works for me.

No comments: