Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Biography 84: Scores in the school


I never liked to do academic study. In grade 2, I placed 2nd. Then our first boy left the school. From our home, everybody thought now I will place 1. But next year, I placed 3rd. Then next was worse. But I didn't know about that because from grade 5 I have moved to another school. It was a bigger school and more meritorious students were here to compete. Maybe I have placed 7th. Then as usual it continues to worse to worsen. I didn't mind. I never try to achieve anything. Things always come to me, easily.

In grade 8 we had a test to be selected to join for an exam for a government scholarship. The amount was small, but it was prestigious. I thought I will get a chance to sit for the exam. But it was a piece of shocking news for me. I failed. For the first time. My whole world get changed, how did I get failed? I stopped doing anything else but study. I uses to call one of my friends Bably to know what was the syllabus. I didn't know it. I had a couple of days to study for the final exam of grade 8. In this exam, I surprised all of my teachers by making my position 2.

The first girl's name is Mita. Now a day she is living in the USA.

From grade 9 we had to choose whether we want to study science or humanities subjects. My parents told me to take humanities, as I'm not good at math. The girl who placed 1st went to the science group and I went to humanities. So for the first time, my place in the class became 1st.

But later I became the same, with no interest in academic study. In SSC, when my marks came I saw I didn't place STAND (First 20 in the division) only for 1 mark. I still think, maybe I should take my study more seriously.

In my Masters' exam, the same thing happened. I didn't get first division just for one mark. What can I say, maybe the universe doesn't want me to do so.


No comments: