Monday, November 8, 2021

Biography 85: Dance


 I liked to dance whenever I listen to any beautiful music, or wear a new dress or just because I'm happy. My uncle (My mom's oldest brother) suggested my mom teach me dancing. My mom took 4 daughters to Bangladesh Shishu Academy. My youngest sister was too young to get admitted, so the older 3 of us get admitted. My mom admitted my older sister to learning guitar. I was admitted to singing and my younger sister Sonia was dancing.

After admission, I was attending to our orientation class. Suddenly my mom came and take me out of the class. She said, Sonia is feeling very shy, she is not dancing at all. So, you have to go to the dance class, she may feel better and join the class. So, I get admitted to the dance class and started learning dancing. My four-year-long dance learning started from here.

Sonia decided not to dance. So, mom took her to the drawing class. Here she started drawing. Though sometimes after my session, when I go to her class to take her home, my mom said, she didn't finish her painting (She is too lazy) so complete her painting. I have no problem, so I use to complete her painting and submit it to the teacher. I think, sometimes, I made it worse. My painting was never good. But I like to do the painting. I had a notebook. I uses to draw many things, mostly nature in it.

While I was learning dance, my mom get to know, I need to learn classical dance If I want to improve my dance. So, mom took 3 of us to the Bulbul Lalitokola Academy. Where I joined the dance class, my older sister was in guitar and Sonia was in the singing class.

Then, here a temporary classical dancer came. My mom asked him to teach me to dance. He is from the Krishno Ray family. Who were famous for dance. He taught me Monipuri dance (Male version). He also started teaching me gypsy, kathak etc. But then he got a chance to work at Bangla movie as a choreographer. So he left. I must say, I was also not very serious about learning. I was just passing my time. I could dance well so, I didn't put much effort into it.

On those days every week, we uses to expend two days in each Academy. My classmates knew I could dance. Sometimes I had danced in the class, in front of my friend or relative. My mom took me to many children's dance competitions. I always get prizes on those.

One day my mom took me to Bangladesh Television. Because they announced to joined one of their program for the 1st day of Boishak. I went there and give the audition. From hundreds of girls, I have got selected and get performed in the TV program "Chhoy ritur ei desh" (The country of six seasons). My main performance was in the Spring section and I had also performed the winter section. Here I have got my first earnings tk65.

No comments: