Tuesday, November 2, 2021

A doctor and a lawyer


 My mom wanted to make one of her kid doctors, another one a lawyer. She said this many times, it is very helpful for a family if they have a doctor and a lawyer in the family.

She wanted to make my older sister a doctor. Because she is very good in academic study. But she never wanted to be a doctor. I was very afraid of needles. If a lab tester put their needles in her body to take some blood to test, she got faint. To stop my mother's pressure she had started doing her study in commerce.

According to my parents, I was very poor in math (Or study). So, there is no chance that I can study science or can get admitted to a medical college. But my mom wanted me to be a lawyer. She said once, the way I put logic in arguments she believe I can do good in law. But again, I thought the law isn't an interesting subject. I liked to travel all around the world. So, I did my major in Geography & Environment.

My 3rd sister is Sonia. She didn't like to do study, but she was the most meritorious student among all siblings. So, we all decided she will be the doctor. She didn't make up her mind before we had already made her study in a medical college. She didn't mind and now she became the doctor in our family.

She got married to a doctor too. Now a day, whenever we have any health-related consult, we go to them. I understand now, why mom wanted a doctor in the family. I don't know what they feel about doing free health services to the whole family. I hope not bad.

My fourth sister gave a lot of trouble to my parent in studying. My parents had no hope that she can ever become a doctor. But the reality is she became a dentist. She got married to a dentist. So, now we have two dentists in the family. For any dental problem, we go to them, sometimes they had to help us with the medical problems too. We get discounts in their dental clinic too. My sister and her husband became very helpful in the family.

But we don't have a lawyer. I really feel now, we should have a lawyer too.

No comments: