Friday, May 24, 2024

Biography 207: Restaurant in Bagerhat (Bangladesh)


 Bagerhat is a beautiful small town in Bangladesh. It has rivers around the city and one 60 domes masjeed. The sweets of Bagerhat are very tasty and not comparable with others.

I have been there for our field tour in Masters from the University of Dhaka. During lunchtime, we found a restaurant near our hotel. We asked them for lunch. They bring rice and curry, but all of them are cold. I wondered if the taste wasn't good enough to eat. I asked them why they didn't serve warm food. The restaurant manager and other staff started laughing at us. They said you should have come when we cooked. Now, all became cold.

What kind of logic is that! I was surprised, but the confidently they said it, I didn't argue with them. Then we try another restaurant. Same result. There is no way that we can eat that food. Finally, we found a Chinese restaurant. The condition of that restaurant was very poor. The carpets were torn up here and there. I found only one person at the front desk, no other staff. He took our orders and went back inside. I guessed he was the cook, too.

But the food was first-class. It was very tasty and warm. After returning to the hotel, we informed all the other students about that restaurant where they could find something to eat. I guess for a couple of days, he had good business.

No comments: