Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Bangla Song: Hori Din To Gelo

 Through this song, we see in the movie how a widowed women live and waits to die.

Singer and actress: Chunibala Devi

Movie: Pother Panchali (1955)

Lyrics: Kangal Harinath Majumdar




Lyrics:

Hori Din to Gelo Sondhya Holo (Lord, days passed away, it is coming to dusk)

Paar koro amare (Take me away to the another world)

Tumi paarer korta shune barta (You are the decision maker of taking life, listen my message)

Tai daaki tomare (That's why I am calling you)


Ami agey eshe Ghate roilam boshe (I came early and still waiting at the depot)

Ohey amay ki paar korbena hey (Oh won't you take me to the other world)

Ami odhom bole (Because I am a small person)

Jara pache ele agey gelo (Who came late gone early)

ami roilam pore (I am still waiting)


Hari Din to Gelo Sandha Holo

Paar koro amare


Shuni kori nai jar (I heard who doesn't have money)

Tumi taareo koro paar (You take them too)

Ami sei kotha shune ghate elam hey (Because I heard this I came to the depot)

Ami din bhikhari naiko kori (I am a beggar, I don't have money)

Dekho jhuli here (You can check my basket)


Hori Din to Gelo Sandha Holo

Paar koro amare


Amar paarer sombol doyal naamti kebol (The only wealth I have is taking your name merciful)

Tai doyamoy bole daki tomay hey (That's why I call you by the name Merciful)

Odhom taron bole daki tomay hey (You care for the small, that's why I call you)

Fikir kende aakul (I am crying)

Pore okul pathare satae (I am standing where I don't have anywhere to go)


Hori Din to Gelo Sondha Holo

Paar koro amare

No comments: