Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Biography 103: Headmistress 2


 When we were in grade 10, I realized that our iron, lady the headmistress isn't in her regular mood anymore. We use to see her every day scolding someone or patrolling the school or hear some news of her strong activity. When suddenly all stopped, I was a little surprised. What's going on?

One of my classmates informed me that she is going to retire, so now she is very nice to everyone. Aha, let's utilize this situation.

Our school was from grade 5 to 10. So, grade 10 students are the most senior of the school and they mostly run all activities of the school. Kind of boss of all students. I never did or never had seen to dictate or bully any junior student. We were very nice with all, but we were the decision-makers and the captain of every activity.

One day some of us were staying in the school after school time. I don't remember the reason, probably we were waiting for the extra class for our SSC exam. As we had some free time, we were playing, ran, rode on trees etc. Then we started starving. I saw our headmistresses room is open, so she was there. I asked other girls, let's go to her and ask for money to buy some snacks. Other girls got afraid, I said no worry, I will ask her. I went to her room, some of the girls joined me to watch the drama. 

I give her salam, she replied. I told her we are here in the school from the very morning, now starving. She laughed at me (As I expected) then took her bag, bring out some money and give it to me. I told her, some more girls are waiting outside too. She laughed out loud, again she gave me more money. I don't remember how much she gave to me, it wasn't any big amount, but it was a great memory with her. It was the last conversation with her. I only spoke with her twice.

Then we all run out of the school and decided to buy some pickles from a pickle seller in front of our school. We came inside and sit on the trees and started enjoying the pickles. Some of our teachers were going out to their homes. They saw us, we are eating pickles in the noon. One of them said, what are you guys doing? is it a time to eat pickles? I replied, our headmistress gave us money to buy this. They all laughed and the teacher said, I'm sure she didn't give you money to buy pickles.

No comments: