Monday, December 27, 2021

Biography 105: Punishment


 In my previous school, teachers use to bring a sharp stick (In Bangla "Bet") to beat the students. Mostly for doing irresponsible behaviour or for studying. I was lucky, I never got beaten. The unlucky kids had to put their hands in front of the teacher and the teacher uses to hit on the hand or palm.

This is a very common scenario in Bangladesh. Most Bangladeshi parents think, if they don't beat up the kids, they won't learn anything. I have got beaten up by my mom. And I realize very well, this is not something that a kid is supposed to have.

I never beat my son. In Bangladeshi school when my son didn't want to do his homework, I had to try hours to make him do so. He didn't get a good score in the exams too. Other moms used to advise me that I should beat him up for study. But I kept trying with my full patient and still, I'm doing so. I love him and I want to raise him with love. I don't know whether he will get love from anywhere else or not. I believe love has more power than anything else. Still, he listens to me. I hope he will always.

After admitting to the new school, I found this school system is very good. Here no teacher beat students. If any students don't study or do their homework they had to stand up and keep standing the whole class. According to my previous school, this was nothing.

From grade 8,  even this punishment stopped. The teacher just gets annoyed if we don't do our study well.

If I compare with other good schools, then I must say, they didn't have this privilege. My poor sisters. I told you, I was a very lucky student :)

No comments: